Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Journal…

I continue to work on the artist journal. Some days are good, others not so great. But, it is having the desired effect as far as keeping my goals as an artist and person close to mind. I worry that it takes away the time I could spend on painting though. A balance I guess is the key.

I worked at the gallery yesterday and started a painting I had high hopes for, but hopes were dashed as the day progressed. I sat and stared at it this morning for an hour. No amount  of staring and speaking ill made it look any better, so I jump from my chair, grabbed the Gesso and it is now forever gone. Once again, I will say the words, don't get in a hurry! Oh, how many times have I said these words to myself and didn't listen. A new goal for this year. Take the time needed to plan a painting…no more jumping in before it's time.

Another goal, one which is very time consuming and hard, finishing my website and finishing this blog. I am not a computer whiz by no stretch of the imagination. So it is slow go, but I do hope to continue to work on them both.

It is time to start a new day, hope you all have a wonderful day.

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment